This is my last Top 10 before I’m done with my paper. ‘m meeting with Anne this afternoon to go over my spankin’ new Introduction v2.0. I’ll work the changes from Intro 2.0 into the rest of the paper over the weekend, then meet with Micheál on Monday for any last minute ideas. I should have it back from the printers on Wednesday to turn in. Then off to Prague at the crack of dawn on Thursday. Look for a download on Wednesday night for those who want to read my paper. Once it’s turned in I can share with everyone. Music after the jump. Continue reading
Tag Archives: Steve Miller Band
Yesterday for my research, I went down to Limerick to view a collection of old newspapers about the GAA. Luckily, Iarnród Éireann [Irish Rail] had cheap fares on special, so I only spent €20 round-trip. I got up at 7:30, was at Heuston Station by 8:30, and the train left about 9:20. I was in Limerick for lunch and spend the afternoon in the library. My train back left at 7:50, and I was home by 11.
- The Polyphonic Spree – “Section 12 (Hold Me Now)” Together We’re Heavy
- Frou Frou – “Let Go” Garden State Soundtrack
- Foo Fighters – “On The Mend” In Your Honor
- Wilco – “Say You Miss Me [Live]” Live At The Troubadour (11-12-96)
- Coldplay – “X&Y” X&Y
- Explosions in the Sky – “The Birth and Death of The Day” All The Sudden I Miss Everyone
- The Dead Weather – “Will There Be Enough Water?” Horehound
- Korn – “For No One” See You On The Other Side
- Steve Miller Band – “Jet Airliner” Young Hearts
- Wilco – “I Got You (At The End of The Century)” Being There
I see the double dose of Wilco as a good omen. I’m seeing them in concert this Thursday. In other concert related news, I found out that the Explosions in the Sky concert I wanted to see in Belfast is the same day as the All-Ireland Hurling Final. I guess I’ll have to find another time to see Explosions in the Sky, because I’m not missing the All-Ireland.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – “21st Century” Stadium Arcadium
- Jack Johnson – “Tomorrow Morning” On & On
- Jimmy Eat World – “Polaris” Futures
- The Nadas – “Disenchanted Heart” Coming Home
- Tonic – “If You Could Only See The Way” Lemon Parade
- Steve Miller Band – “Livin’ in the USA” Young Hearts
- The Damnwells – “Closer Than We Are” One Last Century
- Red Jumpsuit Aparatus – “False Pretense” Don’t You Fake It
- The Hold Steady – “Citrus” Boys and Girls in America
- Kansas – “Carry On My Wayward Son” Best of Kansas
I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank iTunes for making me look like I have terrible musical tastes. The last few weeks have been just absymal in the music that has come up. I’ll own up to The Damnwells and The Hold Steady. And The Nadas. But the rest of that crap – Red Jumpsuit Aparatus?! I only have that CD for one song, but my iTunes insists on playing it and my need for organization and completeness doesn’t allow me to removes the rest of the songs.
Another Friday the 13th. Let’s see if anything ominous comes up.
- Steve Miller Band – “Rockin’ Me” Young Hearts
- Korn – “Twisted Transistor” See You On The Other Side
- Lupe Fiasco – “Dumb It Down” The Cool
- The Pogues – “A Rainy Night In SoHo” The Very Best of The Pogues
- L.T.D. – “Back In Love” Pure Funk
- Coldplay – “A Message” X&Y
- Shinedown – “Heroes” Us and Them
- Lenny Kravitz – “Can’t Get You Off My Mind” Greatest Hits
- Hinder – “Homecoming Queen” Extreme Behavior
- Fleet Foxes – “White Winter Hymnal” Fleet Foxes
I just got the Fleet Foxes self-titled debut album* on Wednesday, so it’s good to see the new guys getting in on the action. I can’t believe I still have Pure Funk. I bought that in 8th grade because it had “KungFu Fighting” on it.
* I always wanted a band called “Self Titled Debut Album” so what when we put out our first album it would be Self-Titled Debut Album’s self-titled debut album “Self-Titled Debut Album”