This is my last Top 10 before I’m done with my paper. ‘m meeting with Anne this afternoon to go over my spankin’ new Introduction v2.0. I’ll work the changes from Intro 2.0 into the rest of the paper over the weekend, then meet with Micheál on Monday for any last minute ideas. I should have it back from the printers on Wednesday to turn in. Then off to Prague at the crack of dawn on Thursday. Look for a download on Wednesday night for those who want to read my paper. Once it’s turned in I can share with everyone. Music after the jump. Continue reading
Tag Archives: Foo Fighters
Sorry this is up so late. I’ve been packing/cleaning all day so I can move in the morning.
Foo Fighters – “Generator” There Is Nothing Left To Lose
The Rolling Stones – “Monkey Man” Let It Bleed
Remy Zero – “Fair” Garden State Soundtrack
Noel Gallagher – “Wonderwall” The Dreams We Have As Children
Less Than Jake – “Johnny Quest Thinks We’re Sellouts” Pezcore
Santana & Lauryn Hill – “Do You Like The Way?” Supernatural
30 Seconds to Mars – “The Kill” Rockband
Oasis – “Let There Be Love” Don’t Believe The Truth
Jay-Z – “Breath Easy” The Blueprint
Oasis – “Some Might Say” (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?
That is a lot of Noel Gallagher this week. For all your latest Gallagher Brother feuding, follow Noel and Liam’s respective Twitter feeds. I love those two. They’re just the gift that keeps on giving.
Yesterday for my research, I went down to Limerick to view a collection of old newspapers about the GAA. Luckily, Iarnród Éireann [Irish Rail] had cheap fares on special, so I only spent €20 round-trip. I got up at 7:30, was at Heuston Station by 8:30, and the train left about 9:20. I was in Limerick for lunch and spend the afternoon in the library. My train back left at 7:50, and I was home by 11.
- The Polyphonic Spree – “Section 12 (Hold Me Now)” Together We’re Heavy
- Frou Frou – “Let Go” Garden State Soundtrack
- Foo Fighters – “On The Mend” In Your Honor
- Wilco – “Say You Miss Me [Live]” Live At The Troubadour (11-12-96)
- Coldplay – “X&Y” X&Y
- Explosions in the Sky – “The Birth and Death of The Day” All The Sudden I Miss Everyone
- The Dead Weather – “Will There Be Enough Water?” Horehound
- Korn – “For No One” See You On The Other Side
- Steve Miller Band – “Jet Airliner” Young Hearts
- Wilco – “I Got You (At The End of The Century)” Being There
I see the double dose of Wilco as a good omen. I’m seeing them in concert this Thursday. In other concert related news, I found out that the Explosions in the Sky concert I wanted to see in Belfast is the same day as the All-Ireland Hurling Final. I guess I’ll have to find another time to see Explosions in the Sky, because I’m not missing the All-Ireland.
Well, it’s my birthday weekend. I don’t have a lot planned. I might go out tonight, might not, I don’t know yet. Saturday I’m watching the Lions vs. South Africa and will probably be out all day and night. Assuming I can move on Sunday, I’m going to Sarah’s to use her grill and cook out a bit. I’ve rationed two High Lifes from Adam’s visit, so I’ll be having one of those at my Sunday BBQ. The other one is for the 4th of July.
- The Nadas – “Where I’m Going” New Start
- Kings of Leon – “I Want You” Only By The Night
- Kaiser Chiefs – “Boxing Champ” Yours Truly, Angry Mob
- Eric Clapton – “Wonderful Tonight” Time Pieces
- Wilco – “More Like The Moon” More Like The Moon EP
- Foo Fighters – “Free Me” In Your Honor
- The Killers – “Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine” Hot Fuss
- Foo Fighters – “Resolve” In Your Honor
- Foo Fighters – “Summer’s End” Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
- Avenged Sevenfold – “Betrayal” City of Evil
A triple shot of the Foo Fighters! This list is a lot better than last week’s, though a little diversity would have been nice. I don’t know what it is about the song, but “Boxing Champ” is my favorite song off of that album.
I am trying to get my essay done that’s due in about 5 hours, so no long intro from me. Straight to the music.
- The Nadas – “Mi Corazon” Coming Home
- Wilco – “Future Age” Summerteeth
- Old 97s – “Am I Too Late?” Satellite Rides
- Wilco – “Was I In Your Dreams?” Being There
- Foo Fighters – “Times Like These” One By One
- Finger Eleven – “Window Song” Them vs. You vs. Me
- The Nadas – “Coming Home” Coming Home
- Feist – “How My Heart Behaves” The Reminder
- Patton Oswald – “Wackity Schmackity Doo!” Werewolves and Lollipops
- Robin Thicke – “When I Get You Alone” A Beautiful World
This week is very similar to last week. It features Mitch Hedberg and Flogging Molly again, as well as a previous Music Video Sunday selection. It’s also soundtrack heavy, featuring entries from 3 different soundtracks. List after the jump. Continue reading
Wilco is probably my favorite band. I don’t think anyone can match both their musical ability and their lyrics. But, they’re a bit on the mellow side. If I really want to rock out, it’s the Foo Fighters all the way. The following videos comprise my Foo Fighters playlist on my iPod. It is almost exactly the same length as my walk to (or from) college, so it’s a great way to start (or end) the day. Continue reading