In the coming days, once I’m done with final edits, you’ll see a box on the right where you’ll be able to download and read my dissertation chapters. I don’t really want to put it out there yet since it could in theory get me in trouble if you all make suggestions, since that could be construed as outside help. I know that’s a little paranoid, but 12 months and a ton of money is too much to risk to not finish this. Anyway, things are progressing on that front, now to the music:
- Kings of Leon – “I Want You” Only by the Night
- Wilco – “Blue Eyed Soul” A.M.
- John Mayer – “I Gonna Find Another You” Continuum
- Wilco – “Poor Places” Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
- Interpol – “Evil” Antics
- Tyree Colion – “Projects” The Wire Soundtrack
- The Ramones – “Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment” Ramones Mania
- Jack Johnson – “Staple It Together” In Between Dreams
- Wilco – “Hotel Arizona” Being There
- Lenny Kravitz – “Stand By My Woman” Greatest Hits
- Johnny Cash – “Mercy Seat” American Recordings
Bonus: Wilco – “New Madrid” Live at The Troubadour 11-12-96
You may ask why Mr. Kravitz is crossed out above. It’s because his album stayed in my library for about 20 more seconds after that song came up. It’s one of those albums I don’t like anymore, but still have because I’m a neurotic packrat. But no more! Here comes the great iTunes purge of 2009!
On a happier note – three Wilco songs, all from different albums plus Wilco doing Uncle Tupelo. I never include a bonus track, but this one seemed too good to pass up. 4 Wilco songs in 11 (ok, 12) songs, that’s a full 1/3rd.
I’ve always heard that if you like Interpol that you should check out Joy Division. Any of my more musically aware colleagues know the veracity of this statement?
One more thing – The Blueprint 3 comes out today, at least in the States anyway. Below is Jay-Z on Letterman plugging his new album, which will be one my first purchases when I get home. They are actually very quite funny together, good family fun.